Thursday, September 1, 2011

WELCOME ARTISTS!

WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL! I hope everyone has had a wonderful and restful summer!

As you've noticed there are some changes that have taking place in the art room including...what is this?...a projector?...technology? CRAZY I know! We will keep these changes if we like them...and if not...we'll get rid of them!

This year we will continue to work with materials that are familiar to us but I plan to add materials that are new...Paper Mache anyone? We will also continue with our artists of the month but I am adding a new piece to it...drum roll please....Art Element of the month! OH BOY! This will be an opportunity for us to talk about the art elements and identify them more consistently.

hmmm...let me think...anything else new?.... Not off the top of my head, but I as we progress I will keep everyone updated on any changes, modifications.

TODAY...Working in your small groups discuss.. Is Art a Language? And What are the Similarities and Differences between art and English? Spanish? French? What if everyone communicated through Pictures rather than words? Imagine and describe life with Art as our main Language?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?